Happy Monday, you sexy YOU!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I sure did. My boyfriend had friends over which made the weekend felt like it lasted forever. While I had a great time, I’m glad it is over. I’m ready to start this Monday and get back to a routine.
But because I was socializing most of the time this weekend, I’m feeling a little mentally drained. I don’t know about you but I’m a spoiled brat and I want things to be about me all of the time.. Just kidding… I know that I can’t always have it my way but when I can, that starts with self-care.
According to verywellmind.com, self-care: “the term describes a conscious act a person takes in order to promote their own physical, mental, and emotional health.” It’s easy to forget about self-care especially when you are a busy person or taking care of others. But, if you think about it, how can you really help others if you don’t start with yourself first?
When you give advice to someone, you want to have a clear mind. When you are physically helping someone, you want to be healthy and strong to do so. Especially when you are on your sexual journey. When you are on your sexual journey or you’re looking to better your sex life, it starts with you!
Stop for a moment in your busy day and sit with your feelings.
Ask your soul what your body needs right NOW.
This could be that one thing that you need to help you get through your day without stressing.
I promise you will be a much happier person if you take some time out everyday to practice self-care. You’ll feel so much better the next time you help someone because at least you know in your heart that you put yourself first already.
You all know I am going to recommend masturbating for self-care because I believe that is the most intimate thing you can do for yourself but I’m biased! So, here is a list of 50 things you can do for yourself for self-care. You might even find that you do some of these things already which is great!
Also check out the post on How to Boost Your Confidence before Sex. You might find that doing self-care for you can lead you to becoming more confident.
The next time you do that thing, remind yourself that you’re doing this for yourself and no one else. See how that makes you feel.
50 Self-Care Ideas
- Get a massage
- Take a fitness class
- Create an alter for when you meditate
- Do NOTHING and don’t feel bad about it.
- Dance like no one is watching
- Buy a plant and repot it
- Watch a movie in the movie theatre
- Go on a weekend trip
- Go to a museum
- Eat at the restaurant you’ve had your eye on
- Go to a bar and make new friends
- Roll & smoke a joint
- Go on Youtube and learn a new skill
- Go shopping or even window shop. Try on all the outfits you’re going to buy one day.
- Draw and paint something
- Take a bubble bath
- Take a cooking class
- Take a long walk
- Lay on the ground and stare at the sky
- Get a mani / pedi
- Check yourself out and then list everything you love about yourself
- Create a vision board
- Go to a stand up show
- Find affirmations that work for you
- Create a music playlist for all your moods
- Go to a puppy shop / dog park
- Put your phone away the entire day
- Binge watch your favorite show
- Try doing the opposite of something you would normally do
- Give yourself a hug
- Connect with yourself spiritually. Find meaning in everything.
- Call your best friend
- Eat a salad
- Compliment a stranger
- Go to a sex shop
- Lose control. What do you feel you control? Let go of it. Trust the Universe.
- Take a HOT yoga class
- Drink water
- Plan a date with your friends
- Sing out loud
- Bye yourself a cake
- Join meet up and meet with people who share the same interests
- Have a cheat meal
- Rearrange your room
- Take the train to anywhere
- Be intentional
What do you do for self-care? Let me know!
Stay Sexy & Curious
Follow Instagram @sexishh
Don’t forget to subscribe to get updates on the latest posts.