How to Approach People in Real life to Date
Everyone who is ABLE to date has probably experienced or is on a dating app. I’m now hearing that people are even using apps to meet new friends! I honestly stopped keeping up with them. The only ones that I’m familiar with is Tinder, Hinge and Bumble.
As Millennials, most of us have only used apps to date and that is weird to me! I’m a Millennial myself but I’ve probably only used a dating app to meet with someone once or twice and even then, it was during COVID and I had to get dick somehow.
But besides those times, I’m an IN PERSON type of gyal. If I see someone I like and I want them, I’ll go and get them. I tell people this and it’s like, “you meet people in the wild still?!” Cmon now people, “the wild”? You mean just basic human interaction you’re surprised about? I’m sorry, but that is what is wrong with our generation. We are so quick to judge someone based off their pictures but are too pussy to say it to their face.
I personally don’t get it. I find online dating much more stressful than going up to someone. I’ll start from beginning to end of why I think the entire process is weird.
First, you have to match with someone who looks good in their pictures. Mind you, not everyone is a movies star and is photogenic, so that is half of the world you’re missing out. But when you do match with someone finally, now someone has to hit each other up with some text that they’ve tried with hundreds of other people. “Hi, I’m new to this” or ” Hey, you’re really pretty.” or they use some cheesy pick up line that they found off google.
If you’re not turned off by that, you continue to communicate with each other through text. THOUGH TEXT! So you don’t even know the tone of their voice, their personality or anything. It’s all assumptions from there. Already a terrible start to any type of relationship.
But after texting for a week or two, you finally agree to meet. You get to your date and they’re nothing like their pictures, their texts, or your assumptions. Now, you’re upset and you’re blaming the universe that you can’t find anyone for you.
It’s not you, it’s the entire process! It puts you in too much control of the situation. Which is fine sometimes, but then there’s times where you need to let the Universe take the wheel.
Let the Universe use that energy you’re giving out (your intentions, the type of person you want in your head, your dreams) to guide you. You can’t do that when you’re playing Fairy Godmother and picking out your “perfect” man based off their questions THEY chose to answer.
I know the idea of going up to someone in person is scary but trust me, it will be so worth it! Life is about living and taking risks! You never know what is going to happen if you don’t take them.
I believe life is about practicing your authentic power and getting to know the other souls on this Earth. While it seems like social media is bringing us together, it’s actually making us forget how to interact with each other.
We’re forgetting what real emotions look like and getting used to emojis. I hate to see this happen so here are some of my tips for meeting people in real life. It can be to date someone or meet new friends, whatever it is, do it in person and forget the app!
Here are some tips to meet someone in REAL LIFE to date
- Go out somewhere where you believe the type of person you want to be with would go. Like, if you’re interested in entertainment, find out where those type of people hang out. This will make it easier for you to find someone you have something in common with.
- Try to go out with friends the first couple of times if you’re new to this. I always feel more confident when I have my friends hyping me up.
- Give yourself a pep talk before. Remind yourself that you are the shit no matter what happens that night. If you know yourself that you are confident, sexy, smart, beautiful, no one else can tell you otherwise! It’s their loss at the end, not yours!
- Be yourself. The best part of meeting people IRL is that you can be yourself up front. It saves you a lot of time if you don’t like how they react to who you are. Because girl, you do not have time for the assumptions and the back and forth.
- Don’t be afraid to take initiative and approach them. If you see what you like, go after it! This is your chance. You never know what’s going to happen. That’s how I met my bf. I saw him a 6’4 sexy ass looking man across the street and I had to jump on him.
- There are so many things you can talk about to start a conversation. Compliment them, make fun of them, point something out in the room, or just simply take your hand out and introduce yourself.
- Think of this moment as something you can go back and tell your friends about. Everyone loves a good story, so make this one it!
- Go back to grade school days and send the person you want to talk to a note with your name and number on it. You are guaranteed to make that person’s day which is an amazing feeling regardless of what happens next.
I hope you learned something and try it out! Human interaction is the best interaction and I hate for people to forget that. Remember who cares what happens. As long as you’re having fun and your intentions are good then that’s perfect!
COMMENT to let me know about your experiences in real life.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog to get updates on the latests posts!
STAY SEXY & CURIOUS!